Senior Lecturer, Music Technology, University of the West of England
BEng (Computer Science, York, UK)
MPhil (Music & Media Technologies, TCD, Eire)
human-computer interaction (HCI) in music, accessibility in music software, music notations, music technology, sound synthesis, music composition
Wingate Scholarship (2007-2009)
- AHRC ICT Collaborative Performance Technology workshop (2006, Cambridge, participant)
- Language and Music as Cognitive Systems (2007, Cambridge, organisation support)
- Sight of Sound: Intermedia (2007, CRASSH Cambridge, speaker)
- New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME) (2008, Genoa, speaker)
- CREATOR Workshop (2008, Cambridge, participant)
- “Realtime Representation and Gestural Control of Polytempi” in Proceedings of New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME) 2008 conference, Genoa.
- “Man, Machine and Music: Optimising Creativity in Computer Music”, Microsoft Research PhD Summer School 2007, Cambridge.